Longhorn Baseball Camps in Texas
Baseball is known as America’s pastime because most kids participate in the sport at one point in their life. With summer in full swing, you want to find a baseball camp that improves your child’s skills and love of the game. The Austin area is home to the University of Texas Long Horn baseball camp.
The University of Texas baseball camps start the last week of June and continue through the second week of August. The following is a list of the camps held at the UFCU Disch-Falk Field in Austin Texas for the University of Texas:
- All Star Camps June 25 – 27th, 2012 and August 3- 5th, 2012 – this baseball camp is designed for high school athletes with a desire to play baseball in college. Baseball campers will receive information regarding NCAA standards, weight training, and the collegiate recruiting process. Baseball campers will receive instruction to improve hitting, speed, fielding, and arm velocity and participate in controlled and live scrimmages. At the conclusion of the camp – baseball campers will receive a written evaluation of their performance. Ages 14 – 18.
- Junior All Star Camps July 9 -11th, 2012 and July 26 – 28th, 2012 – this baseball camp is designed for junior high and middle school baseball players aspiring to play for their high school baseball team. Baseball campers will receive instruction in hitting, base running, pitching and catching, defense and fielding, and strategy. Baseball campers will also participate in controlled and live scrimmages and at the end of the camp receive a written evaluation from the coaching staff. Ages 8 – 14.
- The Texas Baseball Experience July 16 – 19th, 2012 offers high school baseball players the opportunity to experience Longhorn baseball as if they were already a member of the University Texas team. This camp is for baseball players ages 14 – 18 and each player will receive: an authentic Longhorn Drifit T-Shirt and shorts; participate in a typical Longhorn practice; play in one game each day at Disch-Falk Field, including one night game under the lights; Farewell and camps awards presentation; and each baseball player will receive a Commemorative UT wood bat.
- Skills and Scrimmaging Camp July 23 – 25th, 2012 and August 7 -9th 2012 – this camp provides instruction in all aspects of the baseball game. Baseball campers will receive instruction in hitting, pitching and catching, defense and fielding, base running and strategy. Baseball campers will also participate in controlled and live scrimmages. This camp is open to baseball players ages 6 – 14.
- Hitting Clinics are also held once a week on Monday evenings in 2 hours sessions. Hitting clinics take place on the following days: June 25th, July 2nd, July 9th, and July 16th from 6 pm – 8pm.
If you are son is a fan of Longhorn baseball or considering playing baseball in college, you would be hard pressed to find a better baseball camp than the camps held at the University of Texas at Austin. Click here to request more information.