Searching for Fantasy Basketball Team Schedules?
Fantasy sports have become the new American pastime. Whether it’s football, baseball, or basketball, sports fans are obsessed with stats, and becoming team owners. The ability to add and drop players, make trades, and control the destiny of your team, have given fantasy team owners a glimpse of being front office sports professional. Fantasy seasons do not really translate in high school sports. However, if they did, these high school boys basketball players would have been on any high school fantasy team.
10. Ervin Stepp (Phelps, KY): Over a stellar 4 year varsity career, Stepp averaged 40.4 points. If you had a fantasy high school hoops team in the late 70’s, Stepp would have taken care of 4 years worth of your scoring needs.
9. Bobby Joe Douglas (Marion, LA): The 1979-80 basketball season saw Douglas average 54 points per game. This still stands as a national high school record.
8. Tyler Hansbrough (Poplar Bluff, MO) : Hansbrough shot an incredible 73.1% from the field, over his 4 year varsity career. Hansbrough went on to star at the University of North Carolina, having just won the 2009 NCAA National Championship.
7. Bill Walton (La Mesa Helix, CA): Walton, a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, shot an astounding 78.3 percent from the field in the 1969-70 season. Walton went on to win 3 NCAA titles at UCLA, and two NBA championships.
6. Corrie Johnson (Hardin County, TN): Need a deadly 3 point shooter for your retro high school fantasy basketball team? In the 1992-93 season, Johnson made a record 215 three pointers in the 1992-93 season.
5. Steve Alford (New Castle, IN): In the 1982-83 season, Alford attempted 303 free throws, making 286 of them for an average of 94.4%. Alford went on to star at Indiana University from 1983-1987, winning the 1987 National Championship.
4. Bruce Williams (Florien, LA): If you’re hurting for rebounding on your retro high school fantasy basketball team, Williams 1979-80 season would have put your rebounding concerns at ease. Williams grabbed 1,139 rebounds that year.
3. Jason Kidd (Alameda St. Joseph’s Notre Dame, CA): Kidd, now starring in NBA, had 245 steals his senior year of high school in 1992-93.
2. Huey Scott (Florien, LA): Scott had no problems dishing the ball to his teammates in the 1979-80 season, handing out 748 assists, which crush the 2nd place record holder by over 200 assists. Scott played on the same team as your rebounder, Bruce Williams. Can you imagine playing against that team?
1. Darnell Scott (Emeryville Emery, CA): Scott is your retro high school basketball fantasy rim protector. In the 1992-93 season he had 334 blocked shots. Nobody’s getting a shot off in the paint with Scott lurking.
These high school basketball players were dominate over a single season or career, amassing huge statistics. Where were fantasy sports when these guys were ruling the court? It was kind of fun seeing some big names on this list, huh?
find sports camps near you