Everyday 1,000’s of High School Football Players receive a letter from a University. What does that mean? Does it mean they are all being recruited by those schools? In many cases, it may not! Colleges may send out thousands of letters to players in their database. An overwhelming majority will never receive a scholarship offer. That said, it receive a letter is still a good thing. It means someone somewhere gave your information to that school. What does it all mean?
- FORM LETTERS may mean a college has received information about you
- HANDWRITTEN Letters from a Coaches may means they have an interest in you
- PHONE CALLS from the Coaches may mean they are trying to learn what kind of person you are
- Coaches visit you at School and at your House may mean they are trying to establish relationship
- Coaches bring you to their School on a OFFICIAL VISIT may mean they are pretty sure they want to offer you a scholarship
- You receive a Written SCHOLARSHIP OFFER means you you have reached your goal
Coaches visit you at school, they are making sure all their information is correct. They are trying to learn what kind of person you are. They are getting academic information on you and good recruiters will do spy work. They will talk to your teachers, counselors, coaches and maybe even other students. They want to know what kind of student and person you are. A scholarship is a huge investment by the college and they want to know what they are getting for their investment. They will visit your house to talk to you and your family. They are trying to build a strong relationship with you. A good recruiter should almost become a family friend to you and your family. They do this so that when it is time to offer you it is very hard for you to say no. Who wants to say no to a great family friend? Next if you get to the official visit stage, they are pretty sure they want to offer you a scholarship. They will be evaluating you on the visit. They may verbally offer you on the visit. If they do not, it means you have a few people higher on their list at your position but they still like you. Finally, when they offer you in writing a scholarship, you know you have reached your goal. How can you get help getting into this funnel and navigating these confusing waters of college recruiting? An online recruiting service maybe your next step. NCSA Reviews offers some great insights into how the National Collegiate Scouting Association works.
find sports camps near you