How to Select the Right Sports Camp
Shiny brochures and visually appealing websites can often confuse and overwhelm parents when deciphering between youth sports camps for their middle and high school student athlete. The first thing you need to decide for yourself is whether you are attending the sports camp for evaluation purposes or training purposes.
If you are attending a youth sports camp for training purposes, start by gathering or choosing right summer sports camp information from the organizers directly.
1) Confirm who will be coaching and instructing at the camp you plan to attend.
2) Find out what the ratio of camper to instructor will be at your camp session.
3) Ask about top standouts that have attended the camp in the past.
4) Talk to your local high school coach and get their feedback.
5) Clearly understand the training regiment, strategy and amount of practice time
These are just a few homework assignments you should complete before selecting or finding a right sports camp.
If you are attending a camp for exposure, it’s important to attend sports camps that feature coaches from colleges you are interested in playing at.
1) Confirm which coaches will be attending the showcase camp you select
2) Know in advance the positions and skills these coaches may be looking for
3) Consider if the school is a realistic fit for your athletic and academic ability.
4) Make sure coaches know who you are prior to attending an exposure camp.
Though camps and showcases can be a great opportunity to gain exposure, meet some coaches, and measure your skills, most college coaches do not discover talent at these events. College coaches discover talent through a variety of different lists and reliable sources such as well respected NCSA Athletic Recruitment today!
find sports camps near you